Prospective students seeking application to Michigan State University should consult the MSU Office of Admissions. If you are a freshman or a sophomore, you may declare Hospitality Business as a major. The formal on-line admission process is described below. Enrollments are limited, and admission is competitive. Those seeking admission must meet the criteria below:
Completion of 28 credits.
Completion of the following Core courses:
- WRA 101 (4)
- STT 200 (3) or STT 201 (4) or STT 315 (3)
- CSE 101 (3)
General Admission Standards:
- MSU Cumulative GPA = 2.75
- MSU Core GPA = 2.50
Admission is based primarily on MSU Cumulative GPA and MSU Core GPA. Academic and non-academic factors and experiences will also be considered. The application requires a statement of professional goals as well as documented work experience and extracurricular activities.
- Fall: November 1
- Spring: April 1*
- Summer: August 1
*Spring application will be available March 1-April 1
Online Undergraduate Application to The School of Hospitality Business for all of the following:
- Hospitality Business students reaching credits and completing courses specified above at the end of the given semester
- Non-Hospitality Business students reaching credits and completing courses specified above at the end of the given semester
Students seeking admission to The School of Hospitality Business should contact The School’s undergraduate academic advising staff.
Admission Process Details
- All applicants are reviewed at the end of the semester in which they apply for admission.
- The on-line Undergraduate Application to The School of Hospitality Business is required as part of the admission review process.
- Students will receive an email notification regarding their admissions status through the MSU Office of the Registrar Confidential Message System.
- Applicants who have been denied admission can reapply the following semester. These students may be granted limited access to HB courses with permission from an academic adviser in The School.
- Hospitality Business students who are denied admission must change their major. Students can use these contacts for changing your major to start get started.
- Completion of the Level I or Level II internship is not required for admission.
Undergraduate Admit Profile (Old Process)
||Hospitality Core GPA
||Business Core GPA