Why should I join Spartan Sponsors?
It is an easy and effective way to learn about the industry, make career contacts, explore and get possible internships and permanent positions, and to network, network, network!
How do I get involved?
Fill out the online form for students (click below) and SIRC will match you to your Spartan Sponsor Mentor and tell you how to get started.
Contact Schedule and Discussion Starters:
October – December
- Become better acquainted (click How To Get To Know Your Spartan Sponsor Mentor for tips)
- Discuss how to make a great first impression
- Discuss professional etiquette
- Discuss resumes and business correspondence (students send via e-mail, fax, or mail a resume to mentor for feedback)
- Discuss tips on interviewing
- things to say
- questions to ask
- appropriate dress
- Discuss tips on internships
- current industry trends
- how to select the best internship
- how to structure the internship
- which skills to develop
- what to do when unexpected situations arise
- Discuss leadership
- how to develop leadership skills
- what traits impress industry leaders and recruiters
- Say farewell and thank you!
- Seniors: Discuss the elements to consider in a job offer:
- salary and benefits
- location and relocation
- separating and balancing personal and professional time
- the transition from student to professional
- life in the “working world”
Most of all, be gracious, enthusiastic, and eager to learn and your conversations will come naturally!
What if I have more questions?
Contact the SIRC office (517) 353-9747 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help you!
Online Application for Students