The School of Hospitality Business scholarship applications are accepted and considered twice per calendar year. Depending on the scholarship endowment, the applications are accepted Fall Semester for Fall and Spring Semester awards or during Spring Semester for disbursement the following school year. Seniors can receive scholarships up through their graduation semester. To be considered, applications must be complete and submitted by the posted deadlines.
Applicants for The School of Hospitality Business Scholarships must meet the following criteria and any criteria stipulated by the individual scholarship endowment for which they are being considered.
- Applicants must be full-time students in The School of Hospitality Business when receiving a scholarship, unless they are receiving a scholarship during their last semester and full-time enrollment is not needed for graduation.
- Applicants must submit a current resume.
- Junior and Senior applicants should have completed one of the required internships.
- Applicants must obtain one standard endorsement from a faculty member in The School of Hospitality Business.
- Applicants’ active membership in The School of Hospitality Business student organizations or events is a consideration; however, applicants’ stipulated need for paid work or a heavy course-load are alternative/complementary considerations.
- Applicants must complete the attached application in its entirety and submit a paper copy of such and any support documents to Ms. Lois Schroeder in The School of Hospitality Business office (645 North Shaw Lane – Suite 232 Eppley).
Three upcoming important scholarship deadlines:
- Dale Carnegie 3-Hour Professional Development Programs Scholarship (deadline date is February 15, 2018). This 3-hour professional development course will help develop skills in securing internships and employment opportunities. The class is scheduled for Friday, March 16, 2018 from 12:55 p.m. to 3:55 p.m.
2018 Spring Dale Carnegie Application
- Fall Semester 2018 Scholarships (deadline is March 12, 2018). To be considered for a scholarship (categories #1 and #2), please complete the 2018 Scholarship Application:
2018 Fall Scholarship Application (due March 12, 2018)
2018 Fall Scholarship Criteria (to be awarded Spring 2018)
- Study Abroad Scholarship (deadline date is April 1, 2018). Traveling abroad for your studies? The deadline for summer and fall semester programs is April 1. Scholarship amounts may vary, but are typically in the $500-$1,000 range.
2018 Study Abroad Application
Please submit your scholarship application form and all required documents listed above to Ms. Lois Schroeder, The School of Hospitality Business, 645 N. Shaw Lane (Room 232 Eppley Center) by the deadline indicated within each scholarship application.
There are three different scholarship categories offered:
#1 – Scholarships Requiring Selection for The School’s Scholarship Committee
#2 – Scholarships Requiring Nomination by The School’s Scholarship Committee
#3 – Scholarships whose selections are made without the input of The School, apply on your own
- The Scholarship Application must be completed to be considered for any scholarships listed within the first two scholarship categories (#1 and #2 above). Note on page five you can indicate specific scholarships which you are interested in receiving. Should the Scholarship Committee determine you have met the criteria for those specific scholarships, they will select or nominate you as such.
- For scholarships listed within the last category (#3), please review the criteria and apply on your own.
Questions? Please reference the “Frequently Asked Questions” link below for answers to most common questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
*Requires Adobe Reader® 7.0 software