How To Get to Know Your Spartan Sponsors Mentor
In your first contact with your Spartan Sponsor Mentor, consider asking the following kinds of questions:
- Tell me your story:
- What was your first job?
- How and why did you get started in the business?
- How did you get where you are today?
- What is your title? What do you do on a daily basis? What is your typical day like?
- How do you create balance between a high-powered job and your personal life?
- If you could reflect, what are two or three things about your job that make you excited to go to work each day?
- What is one thing you would change about your job if you could?
- What was the worst job you ever had and why?
- What was your major in college? Which classes did you find particularly helpful? Do you have an advanced degree (and if so, what is it in?)?
- Think of one important thing you learned in college that you feel was critical in your career.
- In your opinion, how important is getting a college degree in pursuing a career in hospitality? Are graduate degrees valued in your segment of the industry? In what way?
- What skills/attributes are necessary in order to be successful in the hospitality industry?
- What are the advancement opportunities in your segment of the industry?
- Is there anything you would do differently to better prepare your for your career?
- If you could give one piece of advice, what would it be?