Learning Your Way to the Top: Choosing The School of Hospitality Business at Michigan State University
- Do you want to start your own business someday?
- Have you dreamed of studying or working in another country?
- Do you want to be part of a $3.5 trillion global industry?
- Are you willing to work hard in a high energy environment?
- Do you want to make an impact—on the economy, on society, and on individual lives?
- Do you like to be “hands on” and creative?
- Does a choice of at least 200 different kinds of positions appeal to you?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, The School of Hospitality Business at MSU might just be the place for you. The School puts you on the campus of a Big Ten research university in an independent, industry-specific School within the Eli Broad College of Business. You are one of approximately 800 students who receive personalized attention from a top-rated faculty, an excellent hospitality business foundation, and plenty of opportunities to test career choices and develop leadership skills. You can connect with the industry and learn more about your career options through the Student and Industry Resource Center (SIRC), and the Hospitality Association.
Our diverse student body hails from 28 different countries. Some are fourth-generation hospitality enthusiasts and others are blazing new trails for themselves. All share an interest in people, business, and service – and the ability to make things happen. The School’s students earn in excess of $300,000 each year in merit-based and competitive scholarship awards. And recruiters from the nation’s leading hospitality companies and other services businesses return year after year, seeking interns and graduates from The School of Hospitality Business at MSU.